We’re here to help.
Our expert sales staff have the knowledge, experience and vision to help you with your Power Generation requirements.Contact Us
The Mitsubishi Electric NIS is an advanced design that delivers increased reliability and maintainability.
Mitsubishi NIS allows for easier calibrations and error detection by reducing the number of components and manual adjustments. The system is implemented as part of the MELTAC digital nuclear Instrumentation and Control (I&C) platform, and includes neutron detectors that continuously measure reactor neutron flux.
- Major Circuits are housed in cabinets and accessible form the front allowing for easier maintenance and inspection.
- Module-type instruments are contained in the NIS cabinets and are easy to maintain through test points on the front side of module.
- Indication from the detectors (SR, IR and PR) and alarm displayed on the cabinet.
Since neutron flux varies over a wide range between reactor shutdown and normal operation, the Mitsubishi Electric NIS has capabilities for measuring in the following range.
- Source Range: 1 to 106 cps (count per second)
- Intermediate Range: 1 x 10 -11 to 5 x 10 -3 A
- Power Range: 1 to 120 % RTP (reactor thermal power)
These ranges overlap each other to ensure full-coverage monitoring. In addition, a Wide Range (1 to 109 cps) is provided to measure all ranges during accidents.