The Operating Parameter Monitoring System (OPMS) is a system which monitors daily conditions of plant parameters, present trends, and detect aging degradations and plant equipment abnormalities, to support planning for future maintenance.
- Trend Monitoring during Operation
- The OPMS enables operators and maintenance staff to dynamically grasp the plant conditions by providing not only numerical data but also visual graphs or lists of operating parameters.
- Aging Management and Data Storage
- The OPMS compares the retrieved parameters not only with the prospective set data but also with the consistent historical data to detect aging degradation.
- Failures of plant equipment early through the monitoring and comparison functions of the OPMS.
- The OPMS can store plant data at 1-minute intervals for one month & at 1-hour intervals for five years in its database system.
- Monitoring during Plant Start-up
- The OPMS displays with graphs and lists, the plant parameters which need to be monitored during a plant start-up operation.
- The graphs are automatically printed out at check points during a plant start-up operation to be used in a report or analysis.
- Incident Report
- When an incident such as a turbine trip or a generator trip occurs, the specific plant data and trends are shown in graph and list form, so that plant staff can easily grasp the situation.
- 24 hours of data at 10-second intervals is stored as incident record reports when an accident occurs. The collected data set includes the most recent ten minutes worth of plant data at the time of the incident.
- Data Acquisition Equipment: The data acquisition equipment processes the plant data acquired from the plant control computer via Station Bus, which is the plant wide industrial network. It then transmits the data to the data process equipment.
- Data Process Equipment: The data process equipment stores the data transmitted from the data acquisition equipment into the database.
- Data Display Equipment: The data display equipment displays the transmitted information using graphs or lists. It can also print the data in a specified format to support making operation logs, and reports.