The Mitsubishi standard digital HSI incorporates NUREG-0711 elements, and underwent successful verification and validation by approximately 200 nuclear power plant operators using a full scale simulator.
Flexible operator interface stations with diverse and integrated control functionality
- Complete plant information and control within arm’s reach – all information and controls are easily accessible to each operator
- Touch-screen interfaces with flexible menus to select any one out of hundreds of information elements, for display
Multi-division operator interfaces with information processing and controls automation
Operators can control all safety and non-safety divisions from the same touchscreen panels
Automation allows plant information to be summarized and control tasks to be consolidated and simplified, decreasing operator workload
Application of the Mitsubishi HSI System to a nuclear power plant results in a configuration with an integrated main control room and similar operation centers for the Remote Shutdown Room and Technical Support Center.
- Full Scope digital HSI/I&C for new build plant
- Factory tested and shipped 2007
- Installation and I&C system operation in 2008
- Plant commercial operation date was November 2009
- Digital upgrade of all safety and non-safety systems, including replacements of the main control boards for the operating power plants
- Factory tested, shipped, and installed in 2008
- Final installation and resumption of commercial operations during single outage in 2009